Keeping in touch and getting clear information
- A clear commitment for organisations to communicate with us in the ways that help us
- Easy information about all important choices - like breastfeeding, health, money, and housing
- Staff training to support us and the chance for us to get extra time and support in health checks, meetings and consultations
- Easy ways for us to contact workers when we need to and make sure they do what is needed
- What sort of communications plan do you have?
- What easy information do you offer:
- Easy leaflets
- Big writing
- Pictures and symbols tapes, CDs, videos and DVDs.
- On what subjects? (Health, contraceptives/birth control, parenting, housing, money, support etc)
- Do workers get training to:
- use easy words
- making meetings easier to understand
- use tapes and CDs not just writing
- use symbols and signing
- give us extra time
- help us have our say in meetings - not talk over our heads.
- What easy ways are there for us to get in touch with workers?
- How do you make sure we can see someone when we need to?
- How do you make sure workers do what they've been asked?
- Do you send copies of all letters and notes about meetings to parents?