Looking after our children and ourselves
- Easy information and advice about our children’s health - diet, development, first aid, vaccination and safety
- Access to trained staff, including health visitors, who understand our needs and explain things without jargon
- The chance to see the same health professionals each time
- Support and extra time at health checkups to understand what is going on and to ask the things we want
- Advice and support about our health including contraception
- What easy information do you offer about:
- changing feeding from milk to solid food
- healthy eating
- how our children develop and learn
- first aid for our children
- injections - the benefits and the dangers
- keeping children safe
- What training do staff have to explain things to us in ways we understand - without jargon?
- How can we get a health visitor if we need one?
- What special support is there at health checkups?
(Extra time, easy information and trained staff)
- How can you make sure we can we see the same health visitor every time?
- How much training do health visitors get to work with people with learning difficulties?
- What can our doctor offer to support for our health?
(Longer appointments, training to work with us, easy information, extra support)
- What support and advice to you offer on contraception once our child is born?