Money and benefits
Managing money and work
- A benefits check and easy information which tell us about all the benefits we are entitled to.
- Up to date information about benefits to do with children and parents (Maternity Grant, Child benefit, Child Tax Credits etc)
- Help to fill in benefits forms and someone to go with us to benefits interviews
- Independent advice if we can’t get the benefits we think we are entitled to
- Help without pressure if we want to find work when we become parents.
- How do you set up a benefits check for us?
- What easy information about benefits do you offer?
- What help is there in filling in benefits forms?
- What extra support is there for us at meetings about our money? (Staff trained to know about our needs, extra time, a support worker to go with us)
- What support do you have for us to talk to someone about:
- Maternity Grant
- Income Support and Job Seekers Allowance
- Child benefit
- Child Trust Fund
- Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit
- Child Tax Credits and Working Tax Credits
- Incapacity Benefit
- Disability Living Allowance
- Carers allowance
- Attendance Allowance
- Other things like Freedom Passes and Milk Tokens
- What independent advice do you offer if we don't agree with a decision about our money or benefits?
- What extra support do you offer to help parents to find work?