Pregnancy and birth
Getting ready for the baby
- Support before the baby is born
- Regular checkups in pregnancy and extra help to understand what is going on
- The same midwife through the whole pregnancy
- Antenatal classes that we can understand
- Information about pregnancy which is easy to understand
- Support to write our own birth plan
- Easy information and advice on painkillers, home birth and breastfeeding
- What support can we get before the baby is born?
What support is there to learn practical skills?
How many people get this support?
- How often can we get midwife checkups through pregnancy?
What special support is there at checkups? (Extra time, easy information, trained staff)
- How do you make sure we have the same midwife through pregnancy?
- What antenatal classes do you offer, and do you offer easy information on pregnancy and birth?
- How do you include fathers in your care and support?
- What help do you offer us to write a birth plan?
- What choices do you offer about home birth and pain killers?
- What easy information do you offer about these?
- What choice do you offer us as new parents? (Support worker, adult placement scheme, parent and baby units)